BJ on May 22nd 2010
Is it Springfield Mass or Epcot? My wonderful friends Tami and Meg and I were having fun today at a demonstrator meeting in Springfield Massachusetts. The dome in the background is actually the basketball hall of fame. I presented at my friend Tami's downline meeting. I had an awesome time. I showed some of the awesome big shot projects I have made – and they loved them!
Do you love these purses? They were pillow gifts from Stampin' Up! on the cruise. . . . I LOVE them. Every great woman has an awesome purse or two (or more) and I can tell you I think Stampin' Up! is doing an awesome job of keeping me supplied in beautiful handbags!
Here's one that perhaps you haven't seen. . . .
This is my newest creation using the scallop square die (rapidly becoming one of my favs). It also uses the 5 point star die, stars #2 die and the Sans Serif alphabet. This was an awesome and easy project to do. Have you heard that I LOVE quilting (my grandma would be proud) with the Big Shot! This machine is so easy to cut everything soooo quickly – and with the rag quilting technique, you can sew this together in a small amount of time. You can check out some of my Big Shot projects the second Wednesday of every month – or get a group of your friends together and I will come and amaze your socks off!
I'll be home from Boston on Sunday. Check back for some significant updates this week! There is some excitement building!
BJ on May 14th 2010
I am really lovin' this stamp set from the summer mini catalog. There is so much that you can do with it. . . . This was a card we made at this weeks Chicke, Chocolate and Cards. This was a case'd sample from a swap I was in. The original creator is Dawn Olchefske. It was soooo perfect, I didn't change a thing! Love the colors, the bit of ribbon – and if you look close – yep glitter – a must have for it to be in the "stinkin' cute" category!
This set is from the new summer mini catalog. I have tons of samples with this set for you the CASE, if you need to.
BJ on May 1st 2010
Isn't this cute? This was one of my favorites from a swap with fellow demonstrators (I'll post the name of the demo when I return home). I love this card for so many reasons;
- colors – hmmm Old Olive and Rich Razzelberry with a little Crushed Curry thrown in for accent
- it has texture – most of you know I LOVE texture!
- it's a card that a moderately experienced stamper can re-create – that's from me the queen of copying!
- those are all great but, most of all this card will definately give the person that receives this card the message that you really care about them – and I love making people feel great!
Off to the card – It is a stamp set from the Summer mini catalog called Elements of Style (I got it free from Stampin' Up!). Here's a few pointers;
- ladies – dig out your crimper – the background is crimped! Now we forgot about this lovely piece of texture in our creative places too often!
- Love the top note die - it is so versatile! Here you'll cut two – 1 in whisper white and 1 in crushed curry – you can cut both at once with the Big Shot!
- Stamp the image with staz on ink and color away – two ways to add color – aquapainter and reinker from your ink case or watercolor crayon!
- don't forget about the hardware! It adds such a cute accent – the vellum cardstock inside it just adds to the elegance of the card
Don't forget to join me for the Mini Catalog open house on Saturday, May 8 9:30-12:30 – you'll see more like this!