BJ on Jul 19th 2010
Today my baby is 25! Yes, precious little Chrissy has grown up! I am very proud of her. Here we are at my Grandma's 100th birthday celebration a couple of weeks ago. Chrissy is the one on the far right.
From left to right; Mandy, Grandson Joey, Jim and I, Chrissy. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Grandma's birthday. I got to see all of my siblings – which was very special!
From left to right; Bonnie from Hastings, Sally from Fort Collins, Dad from Otter tail, MN, me, Bob from Indianapolis, Jim from Terra Haute.
And the queen for the day was Grandma – doesn't she look awesome at 100?
I am about exactly half of grandma's age. Both of our birthday's are in November – we celebrated early to cooincide with a family reunion and everyone's travel plans. So, yes – I'll have a BIG birthday this year.
BJ on Jul 19th 2010
Just in case you didn't hear yesterday, I love this set!
Yep – another totally different sample than yesterday. My hostess club crew got to make this creation this month! Check out the DSP – Newsprint on page 175. I thought at first that this wouldn't be my style – but, look again! I love how this just pops off the DSP. So, lesson to share – don't overlook this gorgeous DSP. Oh, and music lovers – there is a musical score!
BJ on Jul 18th 2010
Yes, this is the name of one of my favorite new stamp sets. Here is a card showcasing it's talents!
I love this card! It just looks so sophisticated! Ingredients used;
- Pear Pizzaz – yep a new In Color, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, and DSP from Greenhouse Gala
- Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder – p 214 – you know I love them!
- 1/8" taffeta ribbon! Yes it's narrow but it sure adds the perfect touch to this card! Check out the colors its available in on p 191
- Friends Never Fade stamp set – p 99
Now if you were going to convention with me – you could get one of these cards as a swap! Now, you probably aren't going to believe this but, I leave for convention on Tuesday (July 20), and as I am writing this, it is Friday (July 16) . . . . .My SWAPS ARE DONE!!!! yes, there is a first for everything. My swaps are finished, packed and ready to go! Yes, I need to thank my Sis-in-law Carol and my niece Molly – they gave me a little help! I can't wait to share with you the exciting swaps I get in return!
BJ on Jul 17th 2010
This goooorgeous card uses the new Elegant Lines embossing folder (p 214) and the "hi" embosslet from p 215. Very yummy! This card was one of the samples made at my Big Shot class this month. It uses vellum cardstock. When using vellum cardstock in your big shot with an embossing folder, use tab 2. If you don't know what I'm talking about perhaps you should check out my next Big Shot class on the second Wednesday of every month!
Also check out the color of the cardstock – it is an In Color called Blushing Bride. Remember the In Colors are now here for 2 years!! yep – we'll still get new ones but, they'll last longer (kind of like the tootsie pop commercials of old!).
BJ on Jul 16th 2010
Yes, I know time has gotten away from me – a bit of a hiatus from posting. However, my classes have gone on and the NEW catalogs are HERE! Yes sirreeee. I really don't know how Stampin' Up! does it – each catalog seems to get better and better. To say I am thrilled is understating the obvious!
First if you haven't yet received your catalog, you can come visit me at Rivertown Days this weekend. Yep – a good supply of those precious things. There will be a little gift for you in it too! If you are ready to schedule your fall show – don't forget the 10 Terrific Temptations!
Hostess Club – yes – the clubs met in July and are organized, recharged and excited about a new season! There are always openings, so let me know if you want to get in on this exclusive deal!
OK, so do you want to know my top Accessory favs in the new catalog? Here they are!
- New sizzix dies! my favorite new embossing folder is Elegant Lines on page 214. Yummy!
- Die storage! Yes, I can finally get my dies organized so that I know what I have! I found I have 2 of some page204
- New punches and punch design – 2 pages! p 200-204! Woo Hoo!
- PUNCH storage! Yep – gotta love it! p 200
- Bling and Pearls – ok – so I don't know why this wasn't tops on my list – but it is one of my favs! p 188
- Clear block storage caddy – I don't have this yet – but, one of my customers ordered it and wowza – it is great! p 192
- Ribbons – p 190, Brads p 187, Buttons – 186 (they are goooorgus!)
- scrapbooking albums in printed colors! yea! p 180
- quick accents p 176 – I am imagining the possibilities!
- Designer papers – yep – I am lovin' Greenhouse Gala p 172-175
- OK, you have to check out the deal on the patterned DSP packs on p 175 – I can't believe the price compared to last year!
Are you ready for a few samples? Check these out!
This stamp set is Awash with flowers. It uses the new Cherry Cobbler color as well as the Daffodil Delight marker. You can't see it well but the popped up flowers are sprayed with shimmer paint (yep- it's back!). This card was inspired by my downline Jan Ledman. Love it! and so did my customers at my Hostess Club this month!