BJ on Jan 31st 2011
I love My Digital Studio – If you missed my class, you'll have to just come over and see my sample basket – it's full of ideas to tantalize you! Whether you are a scrapbooker, picture card sender, or invitation maker – there are uses for you!
When you purchase My Digital Studio, it comes pre-loaded with $500 worth of downloads – during Sale-a-Bration with your purchase, you can get a FREE digital download CD as well.
Check it out!
Blessings to you.
BJ on Jan 31st 2011
Have you seen the cute Pompom Trim in the Occasions Mini Catalog? I love how it adds just a bit of pizzaz to my projects. It comes in 5 yard lengths in 3 colors Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight – fun, fun colors!
- Melon Mambo 123322
- Tangerine Tango123323
- Daffodil Delight 121885
If you are interested in checking it out, I have a ribbon share for you – join round 2 of this share and you will receive 1 yard each of these colors. Cost is $5. If you want it shipped to you, there will be a shipping charge. Email me with your order and you'll be included in round 2!
Make sure to check back each day this week as I have great ideas lined up for you!
Blessings to you for a safe and wonderful week!
BJ on Jan 27th 2011
You're looking at Bliss – well, a handmade card is bliss – but, the name of the stamp set used on this card is also Bliss! And it's really Bliss-ful because it's a freebie during Sale-a-Bration!
I like how easy this card is to make. The Blueberry Crisp Designer Series paper (117392 p 174) provides a nice backdrop. The main focal point is stamped on a 2 1/2 inch circle punched with our new punch in the Occasions mini. Look closely and see how cute the little pearls are in the center of the flowers. The colors I used on this card are; Crumb Cake, Pacific Point and Soft Suede.
That's all for now – just a quick post. I've got a little bit of a cold coming on but, I am looking forward to this weekend. Getting ready for the Mom and Me Valentines class and I have a special scrapbook album that I want to work on. . . . Have a great day!
BJ on Jan 26th 2011
This is Sweet Summer a freebie from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. Same set as yesterday with a totally different look. Do you have your Sale-a-Bration catalog? Download it here or give me a call and I will send you one!
The colors on this card come right from the Color Coach (a great tool!) Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze and So Saffron.
So back to the happy place – Hostess Club is Feb 1 or 2 and my monthly card class (Chicks, Chocolate & Cards) is February 10. Which one will you attend? Oh, you want a private class for you and your girlfriends? I think that could be a happy place too! Let's get goin!
BJ on Jan 25th 2011
Do you love this? What a cool layout! Perfect for a picture with a greeting, an invitation and so much more!!!! Oh ya. . . . AND TODAY – yes TODAY is the start of the BIGGEST sale of the year – SALE-A-BRATION! (more about this card later) Just to make sure that we all know EVERYTHING there is about the BIG sale, check this out! (we're women and we are happiest when we get the max out of a huge sale!
Sale-a-Bration runs now through March 31. This year there are 4 great exclusive Sale-A-Bration sets as well as Designer Series Paper & Quick accents, pack, a ribbon and button pack, digital downloads and Decor Elements! Plus about 70 choices from the Idea Book & Catalog! whoop whoop!
- Customers – you will receive a free Sale-a-Bration product for every $50 in merchandise – no limits!
- Hostesses – you will receive a free Sale-a-Bration product for every $300 in workshop sales, in addition to our regular hostess benefits!
- New "business owners" will receive 15% off their starter kid (standard or Digital +), plus a special Sale-a-Bration bonus bundle valued up to $50!
- Standard starter kit (customizable) retail value more than $310, regular price $175 NOW $148.75
- Digital + starter kit (customizable) retail value more than $320, regular price $175 NOW $148.75
- The bonus bundle includes; color coach (love it!), Simply Sent kit, Simply sent stamp set, Full heart punch (yep – need it!)
My schedule has some open dates in it. . . . hurry to schedule your own personal demo with your friends – or check out my class schedule.
Now back to the stinkin' cute card at the top of this post. . . . . Here's how the inserts come out. I am sure you'll agree – stinkin' cute! The idea for this card came from a demo onstage at our Leadership conference earlier in January.
Check back for my next video on how to make this card. . . . for now, here are the ingredients;
- Cardstock; Early Espresso, Whisper White, Rose Red, Pear Pizzaz
- Designer Series paper; Springtime Vintage (Occasions Mini 121782), In Color patterns pack
- Punches; Round Tab, 2 1/2 inch circle, modern label, Decorative label (120907)
- Accessories; Pear Pizzaz seam binding (122330), Gold Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp Sets: FREE ONES!! So Happy For You and Sweet Summer! Check out Sale-a-Bration!
Check back for more EXCITING things tomorrow!
BJ on Jan 24th 2011
This Valentines pouch is going to hold a special gift for a special someone come Valentine's day. This is patterned after a sample that I saw at Stampin' Up!'s leadership conference last week. It is full of texture and fun, fun things! Let's look at the ingredients;
- Petal Cone die (121810) from the Occasions Mini Catalog. You will need to cut 2.
- Papers – Rose Red cardstock creates the back and a piece of Sweet and Sour DSP (117390 p 172 IB &C) is the front.
- Ribbon – Very Vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon 117291 p 191 of Idea Book & Catalog
- Dotted Scallop ribbon border – the tiny very vanilla scallop trim behind the top layer 119275 p 200
- Fun Flowers Sizzix Die 121812 p 39 of Occasions Mini Catalog – love the flowers on this die!
- Sweet Stitches Designer Big Buttons p 35 of Occasions Mini – fun colors in this assortment that I will use often.
- Embossing folders – each of the flower layers are embossed with a different embossing folder for added texture – Square Lattice, Vintage Wallpaper, Finial Press.
- Glass Glitter p 18 of the Occasions Mini Catalog – I used the champagne – 120997. I LOVE this stuff!
Enjoy! I hope I have inspired you to create a fun gift package like this!
BJ on Jan 23rd 2011
Had a fantastic meeting yesterday with my downline. We celebrated, stamped, laughed and challenged ourselves to a +One in 2011. The key message was inspired by Susan Rusch – focusing on our intentions so we get better at something. I love spending time with my downline – they are sooo awesome! Here are 3 of my favorite cards from our event.
This card was created by the awesome Jan Ledman who shared with us her ideas for the Build a Blossom stamp set (W 121923 C 121994) and punch (121808). She had phenomenal ideas (as always)! This card is in Baja Breeze, Peach Parfait, Whisper White and Pear Pizzaz. The combination with the Blossom party stamp set and lattice die (115958) is amazing! I can tell you that I think this stamp set and coordinating punch are a MUST HAVE!
This card is made by Joan Spevak (way to go Joan!) Joan had fun making these cards from the Take a Spin stamp set (122015 clear) from the Occasions Mini Catalog. The spinners had such fun to the card!
Tatiana Keene is the demo who created this one. It uses one of my new favorite color combinations; Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso. The Elegant Lines embossing folder (ooohhh lala!) really enhances this card. The stamp set used is a FREEBIE!!! Yep it's called Punch Bunch and is in the Sale-a-Bration catalog. The biggest sale of the year starts this week – get your orders ready – and your show lined up! Of course the Victoria ribbon (118481) and pearls (119247) really enhance this card. I also love how she layered the 2 sizes of scallop circle punches.
Way to go ladies! If you'd love to join us – we'd love to have you! Sale-a-Bration is the PERFECT time to get started. . . AND the starter kit is 15% off! Get your kit – valued at $400 (during Sale-a-Bration) for about $150!!!! Watch my blog for more details later this week.
See ya friends!
BJ on Jan 20th 2011
BJ on Jan 19th 2011
My Digital Studio (MDS) is Stampin' Up!'s version of a digital program. While I wasn't excited about this addition to Stampin' Up!'s product line, I have rapidly become a fan. Here's why;
- Ease of use – a BIG thing for me. I didn't have time to learn a new program.
- Cost effective – it comes loaded with hundreds of images, colors, punches, etc.
- Choices – soooooo many choices too! Choices in what I want to use MDS for. . . here's what I've done so far;
- photo cards
- DVD slideshow
- "save the date" cards
- newsletter – my Christmas newsletter was done with MDS
- there are others I haven't explored yet too
- Quick – I can create scrapbooks, photo calendars and other things in a snippet of time. . . . everything matches and coordinates. Love it.
- Hybrid – if I want, I can choose to add a little texture by adding ribbons or other things
- Printing is a breeze – and the quality is top notch! Just send it off and the lovely man in brown (UPS) delivers in a few days!
Want to learn more? Or if you want to learn new tips and tricks? I am having a FREE My Digital Studio class on Saturday, January 22 at 1pm. RSVP. Come and learn. Bring your laptop or just follow along on the big screen.
Check back tomorrow for another cool Big Shot project!
BJ on Jan 18th 2011
Isn't this cute! I love it! Stinkin' cute! Want to make one? Big Shot class tomorrow night – be there!
When I first say the new Petal Cone die in the Occasions Mini catalog – it reminded me of an ice cream cone. I know I wanted to make an invitation out of it. . . . so, thus this cute ice cream cone was born. AND stay tuned to later this week when I post my first video on how to make this delicious treat!
Here are the "ingredients" for this deliciousness;
- Petal Cone die p 15 Occasions Mini catalog
- Perfect Details Texturz Plate p 215 Idea Book & Catalog
- 3 1/2 inch Circle Die p 39 Occasions Mini Catalog
- Punches: 2 1/2" circle (p 11 Occasions Mini), 3/4" circle, Scallop edge punch, Modern label punch p 202
- Texture Plates Kit #4 p 215 Idea Book & Catalog
- Glimmer paper p 7 Occasions Mini
- Paper; Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Whisper White
- Stamp pads; Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Early Espresso
- Ribbon: Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta p 191 Idea Book & Catalog
- Stamp Sets: Inviting, Teeny Tiny Wishes