BJ on Apr 29th 2011
Beyond the Royal Wedding this morning, there is more news a happening! Check out these updates!
Stampin' Scrub – has been unavailable due to quality issues – but, It's Back!!!
Cleaning your stamps is easy with our Stampin’ Scrub. The pads are large enough for even our largest background stamps. Lightly spray one pad with our Stampin’ Mist and leave the other one dry. For best results, do not oversaturate the pad. Scrub your stamp on the damp pad, then rub it on the dry pad to remove any leftover ink and moisture. Now you’re ready to change colors and continue stamping or to put your stamps away. Cleaning the removable pads is a snap—just rinse out the pads and allow to air dry.
? Holds 2 removable black scrubbing pads (included).
? Stampin’ Scrub measures approximately 7" x 5-3/4"
? Exclusive Stampin’ Up! design
? Replaceable pads
$16.95 – order online anytime – or give me a call and I can place an order for you. Remember there are only a few days left of the Four Frames and Paisley Prints promotion – with the Stampin' Scrub, you are almost to the $20 order requirement!
Garage Sale! – It's almost here. . . .the annual Hastings Garage sale – May 6 and 7! I will have all of my craft items, household goods, Stampin' Up!, and more available. Jim also has some sporting good things. . . Stop by and check it out!
Eclectic Goat - My friend Shonna is a co-owner of this cute little shop in Northfield – right on Division! I am going to be teaching a class there on May 17 5-7pm. It will be a 5 cards for $7 event! Drop in and check it out!!!!
Some of you know that my sister Sally's adoptive father died suddenly Thursday morning. Here is what she wrote about her father; "Dad leaves a beautiful legacy of love for Jesus, our savior and for his family and country. We have all been blessed to have privileged to know and love and be loved by Dad."
Please keep my sister and her family in your prayers.
BJ on Apr 28th 2011
This week has been a little challening – strep throat for BJ – yucko!!!! Man does that make you feel crummy. Today, I am starting to feel a little better, even went to the gym this morning for a short walk.
However, the day started with some sad news. My sister (Sally's) dad died. Remember that my sister was adopted at birth so, her father that died is her adoptive father. While he was older in age, he was a great man of faith and a very caring man. I remember him witnessing to us at supper when I was out visiting one time. I am sure that my sister and her family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
A few days ago, I needed to make a few sympathy cards as I had some dear friends dealing with the death of their father's. This set is a new set from the Summer Mini Catalog (starts May 1). It is called Fabulous Florets. For this card, I stamped the leaf image in Early Espresso before embossing with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
I stamped the flower images with Early Espresso ink and then with my aqua painter, adding some color near the center with the Blushing Bride ink pad. It really adds dimension and makes the flowers pop.
In addition, I used added the following; Chocolate Chip 3/8" taffeta ribbon, Curly Label Punch with Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set greeting stamped in it.
Make sure you check back tomorrow as I have a very exciting announcement to make – hint it involves a goat! I'm sure the suspense will get to you with that hint! hehehe!
It's days like this that we all need to remember our loved ones and make sure that we tell them how much we love them every single day. May you appreciate the many blessings you will receive today.
BJ on Apr 27th 2011
I really love this months special. Here, I have combined the Four Frames stamp set with the Paisley Petals DSP. The LAST date to get this special is fast approaching. Order online if you want. .. . . (got to love 24/7 shopping!). This simple card – is very masculine in appearance and could be used for many occasions. It's in part the color that makes it masculine as if you look closely, there are flowers in the green piece of the DSP.
Supplies I used;
- Cardstock and Ink; Night of Navy, Paisley Petals DSP, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke
- Sizzix; Finial Press embossing folder
- Punches; Decorative Label
- Accessories: Regals Brads,
- Stamp Set: Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Don't forget about the awesome class coming this Saturday afternoon – the clear stamp case class!!!! I do have a couple of spots left.
BJ on Apr 26th 2011
Here's the Easter card I sent for this year. Recognize anything? Well, there are several NEW things from the Summer Mini Catalog. . . . This card will be featured at my Hostess Club May 3 and 4 if you'd like to join us!
Here's what I used;
- Cardstock and Ink; Pear Pizzaz, Pear Pizzaz patterned paper, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Vellum cardstock
- Sizzix: Flower Garden embossing folder (p 24 of Summer Mini)
- Stamps: Fabulous Florets (p 22 of Summer Mini), Teeny Tiny Words
- Punches: Modern Label, Scallop Edge
- Accessories: Stampin' Write markers Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzaz, So Saffron, Pearls, Paper Piercing tool
I'm busy preparing for a Summer Mini Swap this week so stay tuned for some fabulous samples!!!! Vote if you must as my swap is Thursday!
BJ on Apr 25th 2011
So, have you been missing me just a wee bit? Twas a busy week last week. Of course there was a multitude of things to do at work. . . . then my dad came for a visit on Thursday. Then assorted family gatherings and meals throughout the weekend culminating with Easter dinner (for 17) on Easter Sunday. What a glorious day – besides the promise of a risn Saviour, the sun was shining, the kids were outside and family all around.
I meant to take a few pics but, successfully didn't ever get the camera out. Here is a peak at what some of my table decorations looked like.
If I must say so, the table looked fantastic! The napkin rings are actually shower curtain rings. The flowers are from the Fun Flowers Die and the Island Blooms die (leaf). As you know, I love texture – so, you can see that each piece is texturized. One hint is that you need a little flexibility when you adhere the flowers with hot glue to the rings, so I used scraps of fleece. The eggs had each persons initials on them and were setting on a candle holder decked out with a simple rich razzelberry striped ribbon. Don't you wish you were here?
Tomorrow, you won't want to miss the Easter cards I made. Especially if you have been oogling over the summer mini catalog that has been delivered to your door!
BJ on Apr 15th 2011
Here's a video from Stampin' Up! on My Digital Studio. . . with next month being National Scrapbooking month, I would guess a special of some kind around My Digital Studio. . . . just sayin'!
BJ on Apr 13th 2011
This layout is created in My Digital Studio and was July's page in my husbands calendar which he received for Christmas. Last summer, Jim took our oldest grandson Danny up to visit my Dad for a weekend. Of course they spend a bunch of time fishing. That's my dad fishing with them. Pretty good looking gentleman too for a 78 year old!
If you haven't yet looked into My Digital Studio, I would recommend it. While I didn't think I would be a fan – I truly am. Here's what I am lovin;
- versatility – calendars, scrapbooks, DVD slide shows, multiple sizes, etc
- efficiency – we all would like more time – this program allows me to complete my scrapbooks quickly and easily with impressive layouts. Plus I don't have the mess of getting my stuff out – doing a bit and then putting it away.
- Cost – oh man – at $79 – this is a steal! There are over $500 worth of stamp sets, punches, papers, accessories, etc in the program. Sure, I can purchase more downloads – but, I can choose what I want – and they are still cheaper than buying all of the paper and accessories I used to by
- Printing – so many options – hardcover, softcover, leather. Print on your own or for an awesome print and binding job – I totally recommed ordering through Stampin' Up! Ladies, there is a big difference in quality.
Stampin' Up! provides new downloads most every week so it is easy to check them out and see if there is something that is in your style or fits your needs. The beauty is that you only have to buy it once to use again and again – no more running out of your favorite paper!
Here are the latest downloads this week;
- Sweet details alphabet & numbers 125745
- Tickets and Tokens II digital Kit 125757
- Sunset Serenade kit 124229
- Sunset serenade stamp brush set 125754
- Delightful Digital Tape 125752
- Lovely as a Tree stamp bursh set 125779
- Dot, Dot, Dot stamp brush 125760
- A to Z stamp Brush 125761
- Solid Stripes Stamp Brush 125762
- Fine Flourish stamp brush 125763
Here's the sweet spot kicker. . .. Stampin' Up! has created a "space" for everyone to share ideas and get inspired. This isn't just for Stampin' Up! demonstrators (we demos have access to TONS of ideas!). So check out this space at www.mydigitalstudio.net When you go, you'll see the headlines of "Exciting News!"
BJ on Apr 12th 2011
I had a great night last night with my downline. We get together to chat and stamp once a month and this is one of the projects we made last night. I love chatting with the girls – and seeing how excited they get when we do really cool projects together. This windowpane project was one of the make-n-takes from Meg Loven's meeting that I attended last weekend. I can't remember the name of the person who designed them 0 but, this is a fabulous project!
Check out the windowpanes in the Occasions Mini Catalog - they are on page 28. I sincerely thought I had posted pics of some samples with them before – and I just checked – NOTHING!!! oops. So, stay tuned for a couple of days of pics using these windowpanes. You will be inspired! The Occasions Mini Catalog is in it's last few weeks so, make sure you check these out and get them soon!
The windowpanes come in a package of 12 with 4 each of 3 difference sizes. . . . they really showcase a focal point on a card – or as shown here create a great artwork necklace!
I also used one of my favorite letter sets on this project – Lovely Letters. The style is just sooo cool! And that's the first edition DSP behind the pane – another Occasions Mini Catalog item.
So, as I mentioned, it is almost time to say goodbye to the Occasions Mini Catalog – that means that the Summer Mini Catalog will be hitting a mailbox near you in the next week. Make sure you watch for it! I got my box of pre-order things yesterday – I'm so excited about the punches!!!!! New embossing folder. Stamp sets. Colored embossing powder! Woo Hoo! Sneak Peaks coming soon!
BJ on Apr 11th 2011
Check out these cute cards! They showcase this months special so well!!! Check out these features;
- simple but adorable
- easy to customize with any greeting
- perfect for a variety of occasions – masculine, birthday, sympathy, get well, anniversary, etc
These cards were designed by my friend Meg Loven. She did an awesome job! If you haven't yet checked out this months special, you need to. The Four Frames stamp set is so versatile, fits many styles, perfect with the Decorative Label punch and when paired with the Paisley Prints DSP – it's a perfect match! You can get these items – which are a preview from the new Idea Book & Catalog (coming in July) in 2 ways;
- with a minimum of a $20 order, you can order one or both of these items
- with a $350 show – you get both for free! Over a $30 value! Hostess Cathy just got them for her show last night! Way to go!
Here is my class schedule for this month – please not adjustments!
- Wednesday, April 13 – Big Shot class 6:30pm
- Thursday, April 14 – Chicks, Chocolate & Cards 6:30pm
- Saturday, April 16 – This class – Four Frames – 9am
- Saturday, April 17 – Forest Friends – 11am
- Saturday, April 30 Clearly for you 2pm
What a gorgeous weekend it was. The grass is getting greener – spring is in the air – and the humidity came back! Jim was at a class all weekend. The laws have changed and to be a guide now, he has to have his Captain's license. And we can now call him Captain Jim! He passed! So proud of him. He studied very hard. While he could captain a barge now – we aren't buying one in the near future – and he will be sticking with his fishing boat.
BJ on Apr 10th 2011
My friend Christy created this class while we spent some time together last Monday. It's the perfect class for several reasons;
- Many of youreceived Forest Friends as a free stamp set during Sale-a-Bration
- You'll learn several different layouts including 3 D items – I love it anytime I can use 1 stamp set in many different ways
- Several of the projects have an Easter theme – imagine how excited your kids will be with these little treats! – they'll be even more excited if they help make them!
- Moms and kids can do this class
- you'll have a bunch of fun!
Join me on Saturday, April 16 at 11am for this class. .. . .but you must RSVP soon! I am providing 2 options for you – just in case you weren't one of the people who got Forest Friends free during Sale-a-Bration
- Class only – includes all materials for the class Cost $10
- Class by mail – If you are interested in this class by mail, I will send you the supplies with the directions. There will be materials like stamp pads and punches you will need to provide. This class can be with or without the stamp set. Simply add the postage it will take to send to you.
- Best Value - includes class materials with stamp set. Cost $22
My Class liine up for this month has been adjusted to accomodate a delay in materials for one class – so check this out closely!
- Wednesday, April 13 6:30m Big Shot Class 4 projects $7 (or free if you purchased the Big Shot from me – 4 times)
- Thursday, April 14 Chicks Chocolate & Cards 12 cards $25 or $15 with an order 6:30pm
- Saturday, April 16 9am Four Frames Class (great deal!) 12 cards 7 envelopes $25 or $15 with an order
- Saturday, April 16 11am Forest Friends – moms or moms & kids! $20 or $10 with an order
- Saturday, April 30 2pm Clearly For you – stamp case and notecard set
Join me for at least one of these classes! You will be thrilled you did!