BJ on Jun 12th 2011
Here's a little inspiration for Father's Day coming up. There are several retiring products on this card. . . don't forget to check out the retiring lists on the left sidebar of my website. Look closely at this card – see the white etching on the sail? Want to know how it's done? Watch this video!
BJ on Jun 12th 2011
Looky what I got in the mail yesterday! A sweet card from one of my downline, Julie O. It's one of several I have received after learning of my lay off. The message inside was exactly what I needed – and is exactly why we send handcrafted cards! Thanks Julie!
Julie's creation used the new Fabulous Florets stamp set and the Flower Garden embossing folder. They are so perfect side by side!
I know, I have lots of flower stamp sets. The selling point of this one is that it comes with solid and line art images. Thus you can use it for multiple techniques! Here's a couple of other samples to tickle your fancy;
Each of these uses the new colored embossing powders (yummy!). You'll find them in the summer mini in Tangerine Tango, WIld Wasabi and Melon Mambo. So happy to have these colored embossing powers back!
Off to work on a video that I think you'll love. . . . see you soon friends!
BJ on Jun 10th 2011
Let's be clear from the get go here. . . we're not talking about me! While Jim likes to flirt with his lady customers, I'm not talking about him either! We're talking about the Fabulous new Flirtacious specialty paper in the upcoming Idea Book & Catalog! (available June 20). As a demo we got to pre-order some of the wonderful new products and now I get to play! yippeee! I got ready to post todays creation and realized that I left the camera on after yesterday's post – and thus DEAD batteries! semi-irritating!
While waiting for that to charge, I'll let you know about a couple of upcoming events that I am super excited about! Don't tell Jim but, I am lovin' having the opportunity to focus on Stampin' Up! Yes, still working on the job search but, man this is fun. What I don't understand though is, where does all of the time go! I still don't have everything done I want to! On to the events;
- Tomorrow – at St. Elizabeth's Church – lots of pre-made items and you'll love the new stamp camp I have for the kiddos!
- Thursday, 16 – Chicks, Chocolate & Cards – I'm really excited to showcase retiring stamp sets and products!
- Thursday, 23 – Last Chance event 4-7pm. Last chance for the current catalog, free make-n-takes with orders PLUS you can get your copy of the new catalog!!! YIPPEE!
I'd love to hear if you are coming to the last 2 events.
On to being flirtacious!
What do you think? A little flirtacious? I am loving this specialty DSP. Check out this close up of the doily pages!
wowza baby! If this isn't on your wish list for the new catalog, then I don't know what is wrong with you! Here's some more details on this card;
- Flirtacious DSP includes 2 sheets of laser cut doilies – and then 10 sheets of coordinating cardstock, several of which make up the pennants on this card. To make the pennants, I cut strips of DSP and then used my square punch diagonally across the bottoms
- Ribbon – it's new! The new In colors are coming in 3/8" ruffled ribbon – this happens to be Wisteria Wonder.
- Stamped Greeting – a new hostess set called Swirls and Curls Verses – it's in the Summer Mini Catalog
- Brad – look closely – it's printed!!!! Oh yea baby! Printed Designer brads in the In Colors!
So what are you thinking about flirtacious! Can you stand it! I'll bet you can't wait to get your hands on the new catalog! So, we'll see you on the 23rd then?
BJ on Jun 9th 2011
The man in brown (UPS) was here yesterday bringing me goodies from the new catalog. Made a quick card that I just had to share with you. This card uses 2 new In Colors Wisteria Wonder and Lucky Limeade. You'll also notice 2 new punches (love punches!) – Pennant and Lace Ribbon Border punch. Of course I also had to use the wonderful triple layer punch from the Summer mini for the flower. You can see the comparison of the new Wisteria Wonder (base of the card and inner flower) with Perfect Plum (outer flower) and Eggplant Envy (layer behind flower). They go so very well together. I can see using this color combination a lot in the future.
What do you think of the Pennant punch? It will punch out the 2 patterns you see there. There is also a coordinating stamp set that you'll just love. And last but, not least the lace border – isn't it gorgeous! Yummmmo!
So, what about my retiring items? I am started pulling my retired stamp sets, paper and accessories from my stash. . . if you want to get your hands on them, here is how you can do that. If you are a member of one of my clubs or are scheduled to be a hostess, you can come to my event July 5, 6 or 7 and purchase to your hearts content! Oh, and there may even be a special to go along with it! So, RSVP now – and you'll get all of the details!
Off to the gym and then back to creating and cleaning – see you all soon!
BJ on Jun 7th 2011
Happy Birthday to my best friend and husband! Yes, he celebrated yesterday – a quiet celebration per his wishes – but, fun none the less. We had family over for a fish supper and then chatted, watched baseball – and I think he snuck in a little wrestling on TV as well. I'm sure he'll be in fine form tonight to welcome all of my guests to class (he said it seems like it's been forever since "his" ladies have been here!).
We did have fun last night – but, yesterday was the day that I had to clean out my desk and hand off my work to my boss. My boss was awesome and very understanding at how difficult the day was for me. I remain amazed at others who I thought were great co-workers who couldn't even say anything. I did OK, got it done and drove away. Felt like I needed a pick me up so, I stopped at a nice salon and got my haircut. That was fun – especially since the hairdresser turned out to be an old neighbor! So, I guess the next step is to get my resume done and get going on the job searches. I remain really worried about find a job that is a good fit for me. . . .
Speaking of tonight – these are 2 of the projects! One speaks of summer and the other seems very masculine to me and features a stamp set that I think is a must have!
Summer Card – you know which one it is!
- Stamp Sets: Flower Fest (summer mini must have) and Bring on the Cake
- Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Real Red and Pawsitively Prints DSP (retiring)
- Punches: Butterfly, Fancy Flower, Blossom Bouquet
- Sizzix: Tasteful Trim
- Accessories: Bling, Glitter Brad, dimensionals
My recommendation: I love the Flower Fest stamp set because of it's versatility – works with punches and multiple techniques. If you are looking for summertime – bright paper, this DSP pack is a good buy. It matches many colors and is easy to match up.
- Stamp Set: Engraved Greetings on page 182 in the catty. This stamp set creates a great focal point and is easy to work with.
- Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Newsprint (retiring)
- Punches: corner rounder, heart, 1/2" circle
- Accessories; Clear embossing powder, bling, dimensionals, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon
My recommendation: Check out this stamp set. It is small and thus inexpensive and can easily create a card that is masculine, formal, dainty or vintage. Plus it has the 2 most used greetings.
Blessings to everyone!
BJ on Jun 4th 2011
My "other daughter" Amanda is getting married this summer. Not my daughter Mandy – but, her best friend. . . Amanda? Confused? Hopefully this will help.. . . My daughter Mandy has 2 good friends (well, she has more than that but, only 2 are in this story). Amanda, Mandeee and Mandy (my girl). Here's a pick of them a couple of years ago.
My girl is on the left. Amanda, the bride to be is in the middle. These 2 are together so much, that we are another mom and dad – thus the "other daughter!' It's great to have a daughter getting married and not have to pay for the wedding! hehe I just helped with the invites. They turned out sooooo cute!
The base of the invite is Basic Grey and is essentially a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper cut into thirds. The middle page has the official invite and the last page has reception info, directions, wedding website, gift registry, etc. This all fits into a business sized envelope. The color of her wedding is Perfect Plum – so the accents with Perfect Plum worked well. We used the stamp set Wedding Sweet.
If you are looking at the picture of those 3 beautiful girls and wondering about the clipboard, we used to sell them. I just checked the Clearance rack and one of them is still available for $5.99! There were lots of other great deals there too!
It's a beautiful day here in Minnesota, need to get outside and enjoy! Blessings to everyone!
BJ on Jun 3rd 2011
You would think since I'm jobless that I would have a TON of time to post, send newsletters, get ready for classes, etc. I am not sure where the time is going but, I am not getting as much done as I thought I would.
For those of you who have gone through a layoff or job loss, you'll know what I mean when I say that it is a grieving process. My self worth sometimes comes into question. Then there are the co-worker friends that you thought you had – that now have disappeared. Now, I know how meaningful my messages were to co-workers in the past who have gone through this. . . . it is hard to know what to say – but, to say nothing is even worse. I have decided to give my self a little time, focus on Stampin' Up! and then dive into the job hunt. Meanwhile – if you want a resume – let me know!
OK, the BIG news this week is getting ready for the new catalog (it's fab by the way!). That means a retiring list. Here are some top tips to help you get the most out of it!
- Print of the lists (or get one from me) and sit down with a cup of your favorite beverage and a highlighter. Highlight your want to have's as you go through, then when you review your lists, the highlights will stand out.
- There are 3 lists – and some important differences in them;
- Stamp list – these products will be available until the end of the month – no worries about availability
- Accessories – these products are while supplies last and should be ordered ASAP. Especially note that some items are discounted – 25-40%. This list is updated daily on my website to indicate availability
- Definately Decorative – these products are while supplies last as well. I love these items for a quick makeover in any room – and they make great gifts! This list is larger as the product line will be more focused in the next catalog.
- Big Shot – especially check out the dies that are retiring. We love a sale – and several of the big dies are 40% off! It's a great time to get that die that you've been thinking about purchasing. I also recommend that you look closely at the alphabets, it's a great time – great sale!
- No colors are retiring. In fact we will be adding 5 new In Colors July 1 (they are awesome – and what you've been asking for!). There is 12 x 12 cardstock on the retiring list only because it will be packaged differently in the next catalog. Currently you get a combination of textured and smooth cardstock in each package. In the new catalog, the packages will only be smooth and there is a combo pack that has the textured in it. So, if you are a textured cardstock fan, stock up on your favorite colors.
- DSP – make sure you stock up on your favorites! Some ribbons are retiring as well – so check this list close – and some of them are on sale! Speaking of ribbon – I love the ribbon keepers, and they are going away!
- Cutting mat – these are what you stamp on in my studio, I love this surface for stamping. . . get yours before they are gone!
- Punches – I can't believe the bat punch is going! I loved it! Remember how we used it behind the curly label and designer label punch.
- OK, is your list long? Here is what you need to do;
- Host a class or workshop and get some for free. The fav workshop in June is a class with 4 Make-n-Take cards with your favorite retiring stamp sets.
- Combine your orders with friends – have a catalog show.
- Come to my last chance workshop on June 28 – you'll have a chance at getting some of your list for free! RSVP's required!
Whew! I hope those tips are helpful to you. . . . Here's what's coming up for you;
- Hostess Club Tuesday, June 7 (make sure you wish Jim a Happy Birthday when you come!)
- Big Shot class on Wed, June 8 – using retiring dies
- Chicks, Chocolate & Cards June 16.
On a final note, I wanted to let you know how thankful I am for each of you. . . many of you have sent me kind notes, cards, facebook messages or stopped by. Thank you SOOOOO much. Stampin' Up! has given me so much – and is my saving grace right now. . . . who know's, perhaps God's plan is for me to do a little more with it!