BJ on Aug 15th 2012
Stampin' Up! has released an Updated version of it's digital software called My Digital Studio – or MDS for short. Most of you know that I was very skeptical about digital scrapbooking – at first! What I found was that I loved the more instant gratification, the speed at which I could finish a project AND believe it or not that I could make a book without the mess. (no comments from those who have seen my craft room at it's finest! hehe).
Did you know that Stampin' Up! has improved it's MDS program? I absolutely LOVE the upgrades! I can color a single stamp in multiple colors – and soooo much more!
Did you know that you can use MDS for more than just scrapbooking? Yes, you saw the video but, I also used it to make several slideshows with my added captions and touches – including music in the background!
Did you know that you can get a free trial of MDS for 30 days? Well, you can. It doesn't give you all of the functionality but, enough to let you fall in love with it. You can order it online right here from my website. The code is; 130910
So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and Get it! After all – it's free. . . oh, did you want more that free? Hmmm – well how about if I tell you that not only do you get my support as a demonstrator but, you also can access a ton of ideas, ask questions and learn everything you may want to know on a free website? Well, go to mydigitalstudio.net and browse away – yes, it's free!
BJ on Mar 10th 2012
I've had a lot of questions lately about digital designing. What you may not believe, especially for those of you who know that I love texture, is that I am really loving Stampin' Up!'s Digital Designing program. Here is why I like it;
- It's easy – learned how to use it myself
- It's portable and quick to finish a project
- No big mess on my crafting table
- I get my projects done quickly!
- I can create so many different things! Slideshow, scrapbook, letter, postcard, calendar, etc
Here is a page from the calendar I made for 2012
These pictures were from a weekend with two of the grandkids. We took them up to my dad's house and had a great time at the lake. We even had "noodle" wars. If you are interested in trying a free 30 day trial of the express program – simply log hit the "order now" button and put in the order number 129600.
And that's not all – check out mydigitalstudio.net – it's a plethora of info on digital designing – and free to anyone! Plus there is fresh new content released every Tuesday!
Give it a try – let me know if you have any questions!
BJ on Feb 27th 2012
I'm on my way home from our quick Phoenix get away. We sure had fun – too bad it has come to an end (well I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my very delayed flight). While sitting here, I am starting on my memory album – yep that's right, the joy of digital designing is that you can get right to it!
Don't forget that you can download a free version of My Digital Studio express for 30 days!!! So, if you had a great winter get away and went to preserve your memories – download your free copy and get the party started! Here is a quick video that talks about My Digital Studio so, why don't you give it a try (in other words, get the party started!!!)
BJ on Feb 1st 2012
Here's a few questions for you to think about;
- Do you love preserving memories of your kids, family, trips and those special times you have had?
- Scrapbooking is something that you've thought about or dabble at but, don't have time?
- Is it too much work to get everything out and then put all of your supplies away after only a few pages done?
Well, I may have an answer or two for you. First, starting today, you can order an express version of My Digital Studio FREE for 30 days! It's not hard to use, doesn't come with the mess or fuss. And you can create beautiful pages and albums in just a few moments! I love the instant gratification! You can print single pages or a whole book. This page is part of a calendar I create every year for my prince. It's commemorating our Stampin' Up! trip to Alaska!
If you are looking for a girls weekend away – time to get a little scrapbooking done – then I have a solution for that too! My friend Beth has secured Liberty Lodge near Mora for a weekend scrap retreat – of course you can work on anything you like! It's a great price – $158 for lodging and food! Give me a call for more info! Only a couple of spots left!
BJ on Apr 15th 2011
Here's a video from Stampin' Up! on My Digital Studio. . . with next month being National Scrapbooking month, I would guess a special of some kind around My Digital Studio. . . . just sayin'!
BJ on Apr 13th 2011
This layout is created in My Digital Studio and was July's page in my husbands calendar which he received for Christmas. Last summer, Jim took our oldest grandson Danny up to visit my Dad for a weekend. Of course they spend a bunch of time fishing. That's my dad fishing with them. Pretty good looking gentleman too for a 78 year old!
If you haven't yet looked into My Digital Studio, I would recommend it. While I didn't think I would be a fan – I truly am. Here's what I am lovin;
- versatility – calendars, scrapbooks, DVD slide shows, multiple sizes, etc
- efficiency – we all would like more time – this program allows me to complete my scrapbooks quickly and easily with impressive layouts. Plus I don't have the mess of getting my stuff out – doing a bit and then putting it away.
- Cost – oh man – at $79 – this is a steal! There are over $500 worth of stamp sets, punches, papers, accessories, etc in the program. Sure, I can purchase more downloads – but, I can choose what I want – and they are still cheaper than buying all of the paper and accessories I used to by
- Printing – so many options – hardcover, softcover, leather. Print on your own or for an awesome print and binding job – I totally recommed ordering through Stampin' Up! Ladies, there is a big difference in quality.
Stampin' Up! provides new downloads most every week so it is easy to check them out and see if there is something that is in your style or fits your needs. The beauty is that you only have to buy it once to use again and again – no more running out of your favorite paper!
Here are the latest downloads this week;
- Sweet details alphabet & numbers 125745
- Tickets and Tokens II digital Kit 125757
- Sunset Serenade kit 124229
- Sunset serenade stamp brush set 125754
- Delightful Digital Tape 125752
- Lovely as a Tree stamp bursh set 125779
- Dot, Dot, Dot stamp brush 125760
- A to Z stamp Brush 125761
- Solid Stripes Stamp Brush 125762
- Fine Flourish stamp brush 125763
Here's the sweet spot kicker. . .. Stampin' Up! has created a "space" for everyone to share ideas and get inspired. This isn't just for Stampin' Up! demonstrators (we demos have access to TONS of ideas!). So check out this space at www.mydigitalstudio.net When you go, you'll see the headlines of "Exciting News!"
BJ on Jan 31st 2011
I love My Digital Studio – If you missed my class, you'll have to just come over and see my sample basket – it's full of ideas to tantalize you! Whether you are a scrapbooker, picture card sender, or invitation maker – there are uses for you!
When you purchase My Digital Studio, it comes pre-loaded with $500 worth of downloads – during Sale-a-Bration with your purchase, you can get a FREE digital download CD as well.
Check it out!
Blessings to you.
BJ on Aug 9th 2010
You will be “wow’d” by this fabulous project! Use for any occasion, since spring colors coordinate with any event. Not a scrapbooker? TRY IT ANYWAY!! This is a quick and easy way to test-run the hobby! Plus, I think the simply scrappin' kits are one of the best values in the catalog. Check them out on page 178 of the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog! Not a scrapbooker? Here are several reasons why you should attend this class;
- Thinker – if you are thinking of doing some scrapbooking for a trip, a special event (wedding, birth, etc) – this is a quick and easy way to get started. Everything is provided for you in the Simply Scrappin' Kit
- Gifter – This makes a FABULOUS gift for a wedding or baby shower. With the holidays coming up, you could create yours with the Chrismas Cheer simply scrappin' kit. This would be a perfect place to put those picture Christmas cards!
- Scrapbooker - a mini album that is soooo stinkin' cute, you'll love the pattern you'll receive as part of the class.
Are you excited? Here are the class details; Monday, August 23 6:30pm Cost is $22 and you'll get a Simply Scrappin' Kit with your class fee. Please note that I have to order your Simply Scrappin' Sets in advance so, late registrations will not work! Please register no later than Aug 17.
BJ on Jul 19th 2010
Today my baby is 25! Yes, precious little Chrissy has grown up! I am very proud of her. Here we are at my Grandma's 100th birthday celebration a couple of weeks ago. Chrissy is the one on the far right.
From left to right; Mandy, Grandson Joey, Jim and I, Chrissy. We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Grandma's birthday. I got to see all of my siblings – which was very special!
From left to right; Bonnie from Hastings, Sally from Fort Collins, Dad from Otter tail, MN, me, Bob from Indianapolis, Jim from Terra Haute.
And the queen for the day was Grandma – doesn't she look awesome at 100?
I am about exactly half of grandma's age. Both of our birthday's are in November – we celebrated early to cooincide with a family reunion and everyone's travel plans. So, yes – I'll have a BIG birthday this year.
BJ on Apr 27th 2010
This year on cruise since it was later in the year (close to fishing season) and Jim had concerns about his health, he opted to not go on cruise. Now I can tell you when I left home that he was sad that he chose not to go as he knows how much fun I'll have and how well Stampin' Up! will treat us. But, he also knows that I will have fun and will treasure the time I will be spending with my sister. My older sister, Sally from Fort Collins Colorado is cruising with me. Some of you know that I have only known this sis for about 17 years and with the distance, we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like. So, we will enjoy this time with great pleasure!
As I got ready for cruise, I thought that I should bring a little gift for my sis to add some of her favorite pictures to. She already has a My Digital Studio but, knew that she would appreciate something like this. I used one of the chipboard albums from the current mini catalog (ladies – here's the deal – these are fantastic and you can do so much more than make scrapbooks with them – you will be said if you don't buy 1 or 2 of them before the end of the month when they go away!) The paper I used is a sneak peak from the upcoming summer mini catalog – I thought it was fun, bright and reminded me of the fun colors I will be seeing in the caribbean. This album only took a bit to put together but, the memories will last a lifetime.