BJ on Feb 23rd 2011
Have you seen these messages? They are on the outside of the Stampin' Up! boxes for Sale-a-Bration! It's the best time to stock up on paper, accessories, ribbon and your favorite stamp sets! Which message is your favorite!
BJ on Feb 21st 2011
BJ on Feb 14th 2011
Wow, what a weekend! On Saturday, I attended the Minneapolis Regional Event. What a blast! It was so much fun having a great group of my downline and customers! There were 14 of us! This is most of the group from Saturday. I also got a chance to reconnect with some of my Stampin' Up! friends from the home office and around the area. I know you've heard me say this before – but, the friendships I have through Stampin' Up! are treasures.
Check back soon for some pics of the great make-n-takes and other yummy ideas!
BJ on Feb 9th 2011
Here is a very cute sample of the Blossom Punch. Now is a great time to get this punch and the coordinating stamp set – because it's Sale-a-Bration! Look at what you get!
BJ on Feb 7th 2011
But you'll have to guess if it's this card or someone else?
So, now what do you think? Petal Cone Die or ? The answer is BOTH!!!! I did some playing with the Petal Cone Die this weekend in preparation for the Regional Stampin' Up! Seminar in Minneapolis this weekend. This is one of the samples I did – which is my Valentine's card for my honey. As you all know, Jim is my best man – and is very supportive of my Stampin' Up! business – but, I am fairly sure he doesn't visit my blog on a daily basis. So, here's to hoping the secret is safe!
Back to the card! Just in case you are laughing because I have posted so many samples using the Petal Cone die, I am laughing with you. When I got done making projects this weekend, I surveyed them and realized that I had made no samples of the way the die was probably intended to be used! Here are the card ingredients;
- Paper: Real Red, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper (121790), Love Impressions DSP (121780) The last 2 items are from the Occasions Mini Catalog.
- Sizzix Dies: Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit (117332 p 215), Petal Cone Die (121810), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder(117335)
- Stamp Set: With All My Heart (p 47)
- Punches: Heart Small (117193 p 202), Scallop Edge Border (119882)
If you look at the Petal Cone Die, I am confident that you will be able to figure out how to make this card. Enjoy!
Now, I have to brag just a bit about Jim. He really is such a sweet heart. He really enjoys greeting all of our guests – most often from his favorite chair. He never fails to ask me at the beginning of the week which night the girls will be over this week. So, not only does he love me – he loves seeing all of you too!
BJ on Jan 26th 2011
This is Sweet Summer a freebie from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. Same set as yesterday with a totally different look. Do you have your Sale-a-Bration catalog? Download it here or give me a call and I will send you one!
The colors on this card come right from the Color Coach (a great tool!) Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze and So Saffron.
So back to the happy place – Hostess Club is Feb 1 or 2 and my monthly card class (Chicks, Chocolate & Cards) is February 10. Which one will you attend? Oh, you want a private class for you and your girlfriends? I think that could be a happy place too! Let's get goin!
BJ on Jan 19th 2011
My Digital Studio (MDS) is Stampin' Up!'s version of a digital program. While I wasn't excited about this addition to Stampin' Up!'s product line, I have rapidly become a fan. Here's why;
- Ease of use – a BIG thing for me. I didn't have time to learn a new program.
- Cost effective – it comes loaded with hundreds of images, colors, punches, etc.
- Choices – soooooo many choices too! Choices in what I want to use MDS for. . . here's what I've done so far;
- photo cards
- DVD slideshow
- "save the date" cards
- newsletter – my Christmas newsletter was done with MDS
- there are others I haven't explored yet too
- Quick – I can create scrapbooks, photo calendars and other things in a snippet of time. . . . everything matches and coordinates. Love it.
- Hybrid – if I want, I can choose to add a little texture by adding ribbons or other things
- Printing is a breeze – and the quality is top notch! Just send it off and the lovely man in brown (UPS) delivers in a few days!
Want to learn more? Or if you want to learn new tips and tricks? I am having a FREE My Digital Studio class on Saturday, January 22 at 1pm. RSVP. Come and learn. Bring your laptop or just follow along on the big screen.
Check back tomorrow for another cool Big Shot project!
BJ on Jan 18th 2011
Isn't this cute! I love it! Stinkin' cute! Want to make one? Big Shot class tomorrow night – be there!
When I first say the new Petal Cone die in the Occasions Mini catalog – it reminded me of an ice cream cone. I know I wanted to make an invitation out of it. . . . so, thus this cute ice cream cone was born. AND stay tuned to later this week when I post my first video on how to make this delicious treat!
Here are the "ingredients" for this deliciousness;
- Petal Cone die p 15 Occasions Mini catalog
- Perfect Details Texturz Plate p 215 Idea Book & Catalog
- 3 1/2 inch Circle Die p 39 Occasions Mini Catalog
- Punches: 2 1/2" circle (p 11 Occasions Mini), 3/4" circle, Scallop edge punch, Modern label punch p 202
- Texture Plates Kit #4 p 215 Idea Book & Catalog
- Glimmer paper p 7 Occasions Mini
- Paper; Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Whisper White
- Stamp pads; Crumb Cake, Regal Rose, Early Espresso
- Ribbon: Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta p 191 Idea Book & Catalog
- Stamp Sets: Inviting, Teeny Tiny Wishes
BJ on Nov 22nd 2010
Starting today, Stampin' Up! is kicking off the holiday shopping season with door buster prices (20-50% discounts) on select products in our Online Spectacular Sale.
There are AMAZING Deals! Click on each icon to see the super details! One of my favs is My Digital Studio at 50% off!!!! Yep – just in time for photo Christmas letters and calendars!!!! Sale ends November 30!!!
Order any of these specials and you'll be in a drawing for a Level 2 hostess set! Orders of $150 or more not only receive hostess benefits but, free shipping from me!
BJ on Nov 15th 2010
Are you all ready for this? Here is the 2011 version of the infamous calendar class! Cute, huh? Imagine the ease of recreating this calendar for your friends and co-workers. Using the Season of Friendship stamp set a little paper and a few inks and you are set to "wow" your friends. The basis for the calendar is an acrylic frame. The versatility of the Season of Friendship stamp set gives you all you'll need! Remember; "the season of friendship lasts forever."
Sign up today for the Calendar Class; Saturday, December 4 at 1pm. Cost is $10.