Posted by BJ on Thursday, March 24th, 2011
I decided I wanted to do a little pick me up for my hubby. He's just the best! As I mentioned in yesterday's post, work is a little stressful for him right now. . . . and I wanted to let him know that I'm there to support him. I had purchased this chunky frame from the Definately Decorative Catalog (117599) after seeing what Shelli Gardner had shown at the Minneapolis Regional. I'm super excited at how it turned out! What do you think?
I am thinking this would be an awesome gift for many occasions; weddings, birthday, someone who is difficult to buy for, etc. . . . I think I might just have to purchase another frame or two!
Here's a couple of close up shots;
Here's the ingredients;
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Woodland Walk DSP (117389)
- Ink: Craft ink used – Garden Green, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
- Stamp Set: Inspired by Nature
- Big Shot: Tasteful Trim, Beautiful Wings embosslet
- Accessories: Clear embossing power, Metallic Brads, Glue Dots, Decorative Label Punch, Antique Brads, Scallop Ribbon border punch, 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in Early Espresso
A few details – cuz I know you are thinking that you would love to try this project out!
- the DSP is glued onto the frame with our Tombo multi-purpose adhesive
- the ribbon is made using a technique I learned from Cherie Manderscheid (an awesome upline) at the Minneapolis Regional. I simply sewed elastic onto the back of the ribbon!
- The flowers are stamped with craft ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder
- The butterflies stand out just a bit – I made that happen by using the brads to give the back a shape – instead of having the "legs" of the brad flat, have them end up in a "V" shape – then use glue dots to adhere to your project.
- Can't find the Tasteful Trim die? It was in the Holiday mini and is still available!
I also want to take a moment to thank my customers and friends for the words of encouragement you have sent. We're at peace with whatever happens. . . prayer is powerful. One of the things we have talked about is perhaps working our Stampin' Up! business just a bit more! I love having a business that I can do that with!