Dandelion Wishes stamp set is perfect for the emboss resist technique. Emboss Resist is a super easy technique that involves embossing an image and then coloring over the top of if. It has been awhile since I have done this technique but I LOVE how this turned out! You need to give it a try. I have a video to show you exactly how easy it is!
I used a sponge dauber to add color to the embossed image. You will find that you love the sponge daubers for this technique. What I have found is that I can control how much ink and where the ink lands with the sponge daubers the best. You can use a little or a lot of pressure to add a little or more ink. If you don’t yet have them, they need to be on your shopping list.
You Can Make It
- Mint Macaron cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″ for your cardbase, 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Whisper White 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″, 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Basic Gray 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″
- Ink – Mint Macaron, Versamark, Basic Gray
- Accessories – Nature’s Twine, Glue Dot, Basic Rhinestones, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Sponge Daubers,
Here is another example of the Emboss Resist Technique with the Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set. I used Nature’s Poem Designer series paper for the background. What I love about Stampin’ Up!’s designer series papers are that 1 side beautifully demonstrators the theme of the papers while the other side is meant to coordinate with the paper. Nature’s Poem designer series paper is a perfect example.
You Can Make It
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ for your cardbase
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper 3′ x 5 1/2″
- Calypso Coral Cardstock 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, three 1 5/8″ squares
- Glossy White – three 1 1/2″ squares
- Peekaboo Peach – 1 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Ink – Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, Versamark
- Accessories – White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Calypso Coral 1/8″ Ribbon
I hope that you have enjoyed the Dandelion Wishes cards with these techniques! I would love to hear your comments. And I would love to have the honor of having you purchase these products from me in my online store.
- Shop the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper Sale here.
- Join my Team and get 1 Color Family of Ink Pads Free
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- Check out the Clearance Rack
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here