Today I am featuring the Healing Hugs stamp set. This stamp set features a new design by Stampin’ Up! called Distinktive. This stamp design allows you to create a lot of depth and dimension on your stamped images with just simple inking of the stamp. When working with Distinktive stamps, you will want to lightly ink your stamp – you will defeat the textured image on the stamp if you over ink it.
Check out this flyer from Stampin’ Up! detailing info about Distinktive stamps.
Which of these stamps is your favorite? I personally want to try the Stylish Christmas one. Well and perhaps the Bokeh dots one would make some nice backgrounds too!
For this card, I wanted to be bold and use the large flower in the Healing Hugs stamp set to create the background. It sure turned out bold in the Lovely Lipstick color.
You can Make It
- Lovely Lipstick cardbase 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Ink – Granny Apple Green, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black and Smoky Slated
- Stamp Sets – Healing Hugs and Accented Blooms
- Accessories – Solid Black Baker’s Twine, Tailored Tag Punch, Rhinestone Basic jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I continued with the theme of using the large flower in the background for this beauty. Plus this card gives you a sneak peek of a framelit set available in August. (stay tuned for more details on the Color Your Season promotion August 1-31 only)
I found the flower and leaves very easy to cut out and pop up on Stampin’ Dimensionals. Do you spot one of my new favorite accents – the metallic pearls?
You Can Make It
- Grapefruit Grove cardbase 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla cardstock used for flowers, leaves and Stitched Seasons framelits
- 2018-2020 In Color Designer Series Paper stack used for printed paper on framelit
- Silver foil – 1/4″ strip for Stitched Seasons framelit accent
- Ink – Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron
- Stamp – Healing Hugs
- Accessories – Big Shot, Metallic Pearls, Stitched Seasons Framelits
I hope you give the new Distinktive stamps a try! You will love the dimension and detail they give your stamped images. Share your thoughts in the form of a comment about these new stamps!
- Shop the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper Sale here.
- Join my Team and get 1 Color Family of Ink Pads Free
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- Check out the Clearance Rack
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here