Welcome to this month’s Creative Inking Blog Hop. This month we are focusing on the Holiday Catalog. I’ve seen a sneak peek of some of the inspiration and you are going to do yourself a favor and check it all out!!!
I want to focus on Shimmer Paint. In this post, I am going to share 3 projects (well and a bonus one too!). My customers loved these projects when they were the Make-n-Takes at my recent bingo event. In their swag bags they received one of my favorite colors of shimmer paint! Don’t you wish you were there?
You’ll find the Shimmer Paint on page 38 of the Holiday catalog. It comes in 4 colors; Bright Copper, Champagne Mist, Frost White and Vegas Gold.
This Country Home card used the Frost White Shimmer paint on the cotton. I used a Blender Pen to apply the Shimmer Paint. Super easy with a beautiful but subtle effect.
This card is my favorite! I love the Night of Navy and Copper combination! This technique uses the Bright Copper Shimmer paint with the Winter Woods stamp set. Super classy card!
You Can Make It
- Night of Navy cardbase 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Copper Foil cardstock 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ adhered to cardbase.
- With Night of Navy cardstock measuring 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ , use Winter Woods stamp set image to add Bright Copper Shimmer paint directly to the stamp. I found that using a sponge dauber left dauber marks so I used a balled up piece of plastic wrap. Stamp image immediately after applying shimmer paint to stamp. Clean stamp right away. Adhere to cardbase.
- Stamp greeting in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla cardstock. Adhere to cardbase.
Check out this video to see exactly how easy this technique is – anyone can do it!!
You saw in the video the template that I used to create the background for this card. I just had to stop and use that template to make a card. You know I had to share it with you as it is super cute!
ohh la la! This is the template made from the Blizzard Thinlits that I used to make the background on the Dashing Deer card. It was way to gorgeous to discard! The shimmer on it is amazing!
I used the Spirited Snowman stamp set for the focal point and the greeting. Just check out the detail! Oh the Shimmer!!!!
You Can Make It
- With Thick Whisper White cardstock measuring 4 1/4″ x 11″, score & fold at 5 1/2″ for your cardbase.
- With 4″ x 5 1/4″ Balmy Blue Cardstock, die cut the Blizzard Thinlits. Save your die cut snowflakes for later. My cardstock has the shimmer look as it was spritzed with a mixture of alcohol, Balmy Blue reinker and Frost White Shimmer Paint.
- Stamp Spirited Snowman on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with 2 1/4″ circle punch. Color with Stampin’ Blends.
- Layer circle onto a 2 1/2″ Basic Gray Circle and a Balmy Blue Scalloped circle from the Layering Circles Thinlits. Adhere to cardbase with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add greeting stamped in Basic Gray ink on Balmy Blue cardstock.
There are so many other techniques you can do with Shimmer Paint. Check back later for more shimmerific ideas!
Now, you are going to want to check out the rest of the inspiration on the blog hop! You are going to be amazed!
Thank you for stopping by today! I know you are going to enjoy playing with the Shimmer Paint!
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper for Free!
- Redeem your Bonus Days Coupons this month!
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Holiday Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- Check out the Clearance Rack
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here