Today I want to showcase the Pleasant Pheasants stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Catalog. When I purchased this stamp set, I was thinking it was great for fall cards, coloring and for Thanksgiving cards. Today I needed to send a card to a friend who recently lost her mother and I wanted it to be special – cuz she is a special very giving person.
Do you like to color? I like to color as long as it isn’t so detailed. Frankly, that would drive me crazy. I have to admit that this stamp set could border on the too detailed coloring for me. . . BUT I actually found the opposite. This images was super duper easy to color!
I used my very favorite coloring tool – the Stampin’ Blends! Honestly, if I can color this so can you. Now, I know that you are probably thinking – oh no I can’t. BJ is so much better! WRONG! You need to give it a try. You can do it. And the Stampin’ Blends make it super easy to do! Check out the fine lines on the images – that is exactly where you need to add the darker color of the Stampin’ Blends!
I had to share a bit of the inside of the card before I wrote a note to my friend. I wanted the inside to not be plain jane since the outside is gorgeous. I stamped the leaf image and then just used the brush tip end of the Stampin’ Blend Light Old Olive to brush over the image. Simple but effective don’t you think?
You Can Make It
- Stamp Sets – Pleasant Pheasants, Itty Bitty Greetings
- Early Espresso Card base 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Country Lane Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Regals Designer Series Paper in Pumpkin Pie 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Old Olive – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Very Vanilla – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Tuxedo Momento Black
- Stampin’ Blends – Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate
- Accessories – Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Then I had to give the pheasants a try. Now, don’t fault me for not knowing the color of pheasants. I did a google search and did the best I could! LOL.
I was frankly a little surprised at how the Pleasant Pheasants turned out. I struggled just a bit to pat myself on the shoulder but in the end, my hope is that you are inspired to do a little coloring yourself!
You Can Make It
- Stamp Set – Pleasant Pheasants
- Cajun Craze 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Crumb Cake – 1 3/4″ circle and 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Very Vanilla – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ plus scrap for greeting
- Ink – Tuxedo Momento Black, Stampin Blends in Shaded Spruce, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Old Olive
I certainly hope that you have been inspired by today’s confession on my love of coloring – but just a bit and not too much! The take away for you is – You Can do it!
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper for Free!
- Redeemyour Bonus Days Coupons this month!
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Holiday Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- Check out the Clearance Rack
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here