Fall is here and I have fallen in love with plaid. Let me share with you how I used my new favorite background stamp – Buffalo Check to make the plaid paper for this card. Warning – it can be addicting making different color combinations. Just giving you a little heads up! Check out your closet and see what plaids you have for inspiration. . . I found some fun color combos to try.
This picture shows the Buffalo Check stamp set stamped in Crushed Curry. The plaid lines were added with Old Olive and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends with the help of a ruler.
Here’s a close up of this card. I know you are itching to learn more how to do this. . . . check out the video! (and if you haven’t subscribed, be sure and subscribe to my YouTube channel!)
You Can Make It
- Stamp Set – Colorful Seasons, Buffalo Check
- Very Vanilla – 3″ x 5 1/2″
- Soft Suede – 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Cajun Craze – 2″ x 2″
- Ink – Crushed Curry, Old Olive Dark Stampin’ Blend, Cajun Craze Dark Stampin’ Blend, Mossy Meadow
- Accessories – Big Shot, Corrugated Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Braided Linen Trim, Glue Dot, Tear & Tape adhesive
Just in case you needed a little more Buffalo Check made plaid card, here is another version with the Colorful Seasons stamp set. I simply used a strip left over from the piece I stamped for the letters and dolled it up just a bit.
The Colorful Seasons stamp set coordinates with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. Here I have die cut 1 leaf in Gold Foil and the second leaf was die cut from Very Vanilla cardstock. That’s the one that now looks like Cajun Craze just in case you were wondering. How I made that multi-colored leaf is that I colored the whole leaf with the Dark Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend. Then I added the light Cajun Craze and a little of the Dark Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blend. I was very tempted to add a little gold shimmer paint! If you are in to shimmer, I think that would look fantastic!
You Can Make It
- Stamp Set – Colorful Seasons & Buffalo Check
- Mossy Meadow 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Cajun Craze 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Very Vanilla 3 3/4″ x 5″, scrap for leaf, plaid strip is 3/4″ x 5″
- Soft Suede – 1 3/4″ x 5″
- Gold Foil – 2″ x 2″
- Ink – Crushed Curry, Old Olive Dark Stampin’ Blend, Cajun Craze Dark Stampin Blend, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
- Accessories – Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Braided Linen Trim, Corrugated Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder, True Gentleman Buttons, Glue Dot
What do you think of the Multi-colored Plaid paper technique? What colors would you choose?
- NEW! Stamparatus accessories! Check them out.
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Holiday Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here