One of my very favorite stamp sets in the annual catalog is the Rooted in Nature stamp set. The stamp set has beautiful natural images that are suited to many different techniques. When I saw the leaves, I immediately thought about using them to make leaves. This card is not for the casual crafter. . . it takes a bit of time.
There are 5 leaves to each layer. I used a technique that I taught in this Rooted in Nature video only I stamped first in Versamark and then added Gold embossing powder before heat setting. The Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies provide both the texture and the leaf shape die cutting for the leaves.
Sorry that you missed out on a couple of Holiday Catalog favorites that are included on this card. I guess the early bird got the goods in this case. The Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ Reversible Ribbon and the Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper are no longer available.
I love the touch of the Gold Glimmer paper underneath. This is honestly such a rich looking card. I wouldn’t want to make too many of them but it sure was fun making this special one.
- NEW! Stamparatus Bag now available! You’ll love it for your stamparatus and other stamping tools!
- Year-End Closeout Sale on now!
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Occasions Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here