#simplestamping On Saturdays, I will continue to showcase simple stamping projects that include primarily Stamps, Ink and Paper. This week I want to share projects using designer series paper. We all have our favorite designer series paper that we are afraid to cut into. For todays projects, I want to show you that cutting your designer series papers into 3″ x 4″ pieces are a quick and simple way to #loveitchopit. When you cut your designer series paper into these 3″ x 4″ pieces, you get 12 good sized pieces from 1 12″ x 12″ piece of designer series paper.
For these projects I used the free Botanical Butterfly designer series paper that you can get during Sale-a-Bration. This whimsical paper is a butterfly lover’s dream, with both colored and black-and-white imagery that can be colored or embellished. Colors include; Balmy Blue, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist and Whisper White.
I used the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set from the Occasions Catalog. For the greeting, I added a Whisper White strip 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. As you can see, I simply added a Basic Black cardstock layer behind the 3″ x 4″ Designer Series Paper. I chose a cardstock color – Highland Heather from a color in the designer series paper.
For this card, I used a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper. I added a 1 1/4″ circle punch behind the greeting to help the greeting stand out a bit. What a simple but gorgeous card. The Botanical Butterfly designer series paper really makes the card go from plain to spectacular. #simplestamping Stamps, Ink & Paper
The Occasions catalog has several butterfly stamp sets. I wanted to see how they would coordinate with the Botanical Butterfly designer series paper. The verdict is – great coordination. But since I was working on #simplestamping today, I chose a greeting from the Butterfly Gala. I did add a little Adhesive Backed Sequin for just a little added pizzazz.
You Can Make It
- Cardbase 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″ (I used Balmy Blue, Highland Heather and Grapefruit Grove)
- Basic Black – 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper – 3″ x 4″
- Whisper White
- Ink – Tuxedo Momento Black
- Accessories – 1 1/4″ Circle punch, 2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive Backed Sequins
The Sale-a-Bration and Occasions catalogs will start January 3. I gift my current customers these catalogs as a thank you for their business. If you would like to receive catalogs from me, simply become one of my customers. You can request a catalog here.
- NEW! Stamparatus Bag now available! You’ll love it for your stamparatus and other stamping tools!
- Year-End Closeout Sale on now!
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Occasions Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here