Today I am sharing two stunning cards from Peaceful Pointsettia. This stamp set and the coordinating (must have) Detailed Poinsettia Thinlit dies from the Holiday catalog will be retiring at the end of the Holiday catalog on January 2. Poinsettia’s have always been a part of our Christmas decor. Both my mother and maternal grandmother always had them. Most often in red – but in later years some were in that beautiful pink color.
- Did you know that in Mexico that the pointsettia shrub is a perennial and grows 10-15 feet tall?
- There is a Pointsettia Day and it is December 12
- Pointsettia’s are the highest selling potted plant in the US and Canada
For this card, you can see that I used the Red Glimmer paper for the flower and accented it with the Black outline image. I also used Smoky Slate on a Clear Block D for the background.
You Can Make It
- Stamps – Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle
- Tranquil Tide 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″, scraps for leaves
- Cherry Cobbler 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Red Glimmer Paper 3″ x 3″
- Basic Black 3″ x 3″
- Ink – Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
- Accessories – Big Shot, Clear Block G, Multipurpose adhesive
If you like those gorgeous pink pointsettias than maybe this one is for you. It also showcases the versatility of the Detailed Poinsettia Thinlit Dies. Instead of using 2 of the dies to create the outline as I did in the first card, I just used one die for the cut out on this card. Because the pointsettias have a yellow flower center, I added a 1/2″ circle behind the Pointsettia center. Did you know that the leaves fall off shortly after the flower center finished shedding it’s pollen? If you want your pointsettia to last a long time, pick one with little to no yellow flower in the center.
You Can Make It
- Shaded Spruce 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″, plus scrap for leaves
- Flirty Flamingo 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Very Vanilla 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Crushed Curry 1/2″ circle
- Ink – Shaded Spruce
- Accessories – Big Shot, 1/2″ Circle punch, Shaded Spruce ribbon, glue dot
Be sure and check out the Holiday catalog. You can find the carry over list here. These products will be carried over and available after January 2. If it isn’t on the list, get it now! Don’t forget that I can provide gift certificates for your holiday shopping pleasure!
- NEW! Stamparatus Bag now available! You’ll love it for your stamparatus and other stamping tools!
- Year-End Closeout Sale on now!
- Join my Team and enjoy shopping from the Occasions Catalog early!
- Subscribe to my YouTube papercrafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store
- $99 Starting kit is the Best Deal of all! Check out why here