Falling Flowers stamp set with the May Flowers framelits are the feature of the Last Chance Product post today. The line art images in the Falling Flowers stamps are perfect for coloring. For this card, I colored the flowers and leaves with the Stampin’ Blends. The design of the stamps felt a little whimsical to me so, I wanted to color the images in such a way that was a little whimsical too. I didn’t blend the light and dark Stampin’ Blend colors, instead just showing the contrast.
Another retiring product on this card is the 1″ strip of Neutrals Designer Series Paper. The 2019-2020 catalog will have designer series paper stacks in the color groupings but the patterns and different and my favorite strips will be gone! Boo Hoo!
You Can Make It
- Stamps – Falling Flowers, Petal Palette
- Whisper White Thick – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White – 4″ x 4″ scrap for flowers & leaves
- Neutrals Designer Series Paper – Crumb Cake 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Ink – Momento, Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Blends, Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend Dark
- Accessories – Big Shot, May Flowers Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
For this Falling Flowers card, I wanted to use a technique I hadn’t used in awhile – coloring with a Blender Pen using the Stamp Pad for the ink. The colors I used are; Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Highland Heather.
I was asked recently if you could still squish the stamp pads to get color on the lid and color with that – YES you can! The blender pen works perfectly for that technique.
To get the clean edges on the diagonal greeting, I used a post it note to cover the greeting once I had stamped it and then added the other images right over the top of the post it note. Once the post it note is removed, I have a clean edge around the greeting.
You Can Make It
- Stamp Sets – Falling Flowers, Friendly Expressions
- Highland Heather – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Basic Black – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Whisper White – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Ink – Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Momento Black
- Accessories – Blender Pen, Gorgeous Grape Ribbon
Last Chance Products
A new annual catalog from Stampin’ Up! is coming your way! That means we’ll be bidding a fond farewell to products in the current annual and Occasions catalogs. You can find the list of retiring products below.
- Retiring Accessories CLICK HERE
- Retiring Bundles CLICK HERE
- Retiring Stamp Sets CLICK HERE
- Place your order CLICK HERE
- List of Carry Over Stamp Sets CLICK HERE
I invite you to order your papercrafting products in my online store. As a small business owner, I appreciate your support of my business. Just click on the images below and you are at my store!
- Occasions Catalog is stupendous! Grab a cup of coffee and check it out!
- Storage by Stampin’ Up! NEW!
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store