Sailing Home! With the unofficial start to summer, this Memorial Weekend, I wanted to share a couple of projects from the Sailing Home bundle from the new 2019-2020 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. This stamp set/bundle is part of the Come Sail Away product suite starting on page 144 in the catalog. Living in Northern Minnesota, it has been fun watching the boats come onto the lakes. See the seasonal neighbors again and frankly look forward to a wonderful summer.
It has been a week since we buried my brother Bob. I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of sympathy and for the cards we received in the mail. My dad was impressed by the number of cards we received from my Stampin’ Up! friends and customers. In other news – Jim is crazy busy at the marine dealership as you can imagine at this time of the year. He is excited as he brought home his new boat just yesterday! I am super busy helping dad work on my brother’s estate (Dad is next of kin. Not much in the estate but still got to do the legal schtuff) while balancing Stampin’ Up! things and working part time as an office manager at a local funeral home. I may not have mentioned this before but I have also been working out a bit – actually playing Pickleball – a new found love. It’s a crazy fun sport.
The Come Sail Away product suite also features the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper. The images on this designer series paper were hand drawn and feature neutral colors. While there are many uses for this paper, I am most excited to use it for masculine cards. In case you are wondering, I have made this sampler of the designer series paper to better show my in person customers that paper – front and back. My team loved this idea!
You Can Make It
- Stamp Set – Sail Away Bundle
- Crumb Cake – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″, 2″ x 3 1/2″
- Seaside Spray – 4″ x 5 1/4″, 1 1/2″ x 2″
- Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – 2 3/4″ x 2″, 2″ x 2″, 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, 1 1/2″ x 2″
- Ink – Night of Navy
- Accessories – Big Shot, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine
This card will be featured in my June Card Buffet. What a perfect masculine card! I love this card for my husband’s birthday coming up. (It’s a big one).
Here’s a couple of tips to make this card;
- I used a blender pen and the existing Night of Navy ink from stamping the sail boats to add just a bit of color to the sails and boat.
- The Balmy Blue Light Stampin’ Blend was used to create the watercolor wash in the background.You can also see the detail in the wheel. I made it more prominent by dropping the die onto the soft suede ink pad before I die cut the wheel. Such an easy way to add a bit of detail and frankly highlight the detail in the Smooth Sailing Die.