Gather Together with Mercury Glass Acetate
I LOVE Fall! I love the colors, the textures, the smells and the temperatures. This month’s Creative Inking Blog Hop is titled – Octoberfest. I am choosing to feature colors and textures to exemplify Octoberfest.
I used the Come to Gather product suite from the Holiday catalog along with a new product; Mercury Glass Designer Acetate (p 33 in the Holiday catalog). And frankly, you might see 2 up and coming products on this (check this post for the details).
The Mercury Glass Acetate are acetate sheets (like window sheets) with a faux mercury glass finish. Yes, you can die cut them. Yes you can emboss on them. Yes, you can put cardstock behind them to let color shine through.
Gather Together & Mercury Glass Acetate along with Texture Fans take note
- If you use the Subtle 3D embossing folder and emboss your cardstock horizontally and vertically, you end up with cardstock that looks and feels like canvas. Sure wish you could feel this card on my website.
- I used our paper snips to give the edges of the cardstock just a little more texturized.
- After die cutting the large leaf from the Gathered Leaves dies in the Mercury Glass Acetate, I placed the leaf on my Stamparatus and secured it to one spot with a glue dot. Then I lined up the large leaf stamp and stamped the Acetate leaf with Versamark ink. After applying Gold Embossing Powder, I heat set it.
You Can Make It
- Stamp Set – Gather Together Bundle
- Thick Very Vanilla cardstock measuring 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Soft Suede cardstock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Very Vanilla cardstock measuring 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Mercury Glass Designer Acetate – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Cajun Craze cardstock – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Ink – Soft Suede, Versamark
- Accessories – Subtle 3D embossing folder, Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Glimmer Enamel Dots, Gold Shimmer Ribbon, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The Mercury Glass Acetate can me used as a little bit of an accent too. Here I have used one of the small dies in the Gathered Leaves dies, added a piece of Garden Green cardstock behind it and there you have it.
You Can Make It
- Stamps – Gather Together Bundle
- Soft Suede – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla – 3″ x 3 1/4″ plus scrap for pumpkin
- Crushed Curry – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Garden Green – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Mercury Glass Acetate – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Ink – Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Stampin’ Blends in Pumpkin Pie
- Accessories – Leaves Trinkets, Glue Dots, Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Ok, indulge me for just a bit. I am a huge fan of the Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper. And I needed a masculine sympathy card. So, here is my mash up with the Mercury Glass Acetate, Gathered Leaves bundle and the Octoberfest theme. If you are a fan of the Wrapped in Plaid Designer Series Paper too – one more day (Monday, October 21) left to get it in the October Monthly kit.
Now, you will want to check out the remaining Octoberfest inspiration on the Creative Inking Blog Hop;
- The Holiday Catalog is amazing – check it out!
- Order your October Card Buffet Kit here
- Wrapped in Plaid is the feature of the October Monthly Kit. Order yours now!
- Christmastime is Here – November limited time special sneak peek
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video channel
- Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Shop my Online Store