Welcome to the March Creative Inking Blog Hop celebrating the men in our lives with masculine cards.
What Makes a Card Masculine?
- design – typically a little more simple than lots of embellishments
- colors – well the whole array of colors is available but, typically stay away from pinks and lighter colors – think Regals
- papers – well typically I will stay away from florals but, with this post I wanted to challenge that theory just a bit. . .
Lots of Heart
This stamp set bundled with the coordinating Many Hearts Dies is a favorite from the January to June Mini Catalog. I purchased this stamp set for Valentines Day cards BUT, this card show cases “Lots of Heart” as a Thank you and certainly doubles as a more masculine Thank You.
The Designer Series Paper I used is the Well Suited Designer Series Paper from the Well Suited Suite in the January to June Mini Catalog as well. Note the florals in this DSP – and while we don’t want to get too mushy with masculine cards, I have a special person in mind for this card. Sometimes special blessing deserve a special card.
You Can Make It
- Stamps – Lots of Heart Bundle
- Smoky Slate – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″ for your cardbase, 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″, 2 1/2″ x 3″
- Night of Navy – 5 1/4″ x 4″, 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Well Suited DSP – 3″ x 4″
- Whisper White – 2 1/2″ x 3″, scrap for greeting
- Ink – Night of Navy
- Accessories – Stampin’ Cut & Emboss, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Well Suited Twine Combo Pack
Enjoy the Moment
I wanted to showcase the Well Suited Designer Series Paper in a little different way – simple but still interesting and certainly pleasing to the eye. I think I accomplished that with this simple birthday card.
You Can Make It
- Stamps – Enjoy Every Moment
- Basic Gray – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored & folded at 4 1/4″, 2 3/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Pacific Point – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Well Suited DSP – six 1″ squares
- Ink – Pacific Point
- Accessories – Well Suited Twine Combo Pack, Glue Dot
I hope you have enjoyed these cards. Now be sure and check out the rest of the blog hop for more masculine inspiration!
Check out the 2020-20201 NEW ANNUAL CATALOG
January-June Mini Catalog is fabulous!
Retiring List coming March 24! Check back for the details
NEW PRODUCT info and videos!
Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video channel
Visit my Paper Crafting Gallery for tons of Inspiration
Follow me on Pinterest
Shop my Online Store